Is There A Difference Between Aquatabs & Common Household Bleach?
Is There A Difference Between Aquatabs Water Purification Tablets And Common Household Bleach?
While there are a number of different products and solutions when it comes to water treatment I wanted to take a minute to touch on the differences between two of them; Aquatabs water purification tablets and common household bleach. As both use the well known and proven power of chlorine, I’ve been asked by many what the difference between the two products are.
Aquatabs and Chlorine
- Aquatabs Eliminates The Danger Involved With The Handling And Splashing Of Highly Concentrated, Liquid Household Bleach Which Contains 52,500 & 61,500 Ppm Available Chlorine (5.25% & 6.15% Sodium Hypochlorite Respectively). Aquatabs Are Not Prone To Dangerous Leaking Like Liquid Products And When Used As Directed To Purify Drinking Water, Produce A Proven Dosage Of Between 2.6 And 6.5 Mg/L (Ppm) Free Chlorine.
- Aquatabs In Tablet Format Are Much Safer And Easier To Use, Handle And Store As Compared With Liquid Chlorine Products Such As Household Bleach.
- Using Aquatabs Is Easy & Simply Place The Required Number Of Tablets Into The Appropriate Volume Of Water And An Accurate Dose Is Achieved. This Eliminates The Practice Of Measuring Out And Diluting Concentrated Liquid Disinfectant And The Dangers Associated With Splashing, Spilling And The Staining Of Clothes.
- Aquatabs Are Extremely Stable And Have A 5 Year Shelf Life.
- Aquatabs Are Very Compact And Easy To Store As Compared With Bulky Liquid Chlorine Products.
- Aquatabs Are Certified To NSF/ANSI Standard 60 And EPA Approved.
- The Biocidal Capacity Of Chlorine Solutions Prepared From NaDCC, The Active Ingredient In Aquatabs, Is Far Superior To Other Chlorine Disinfectants Including Sodium Hypochlorite (Household Bleach) For Two Reasons. 1) NaDCC Produces A Predominantly Undissociated Acidic Hypochlorous Solution Which Is Significantly More Biocidal Than Other Hypochlorites Including Sodium Hypochlorite (Household Bleach). 2) With NaDCC, Only 50% Of The Total Available Chlorine Is Free, The Remainder Is Combined; As Free Available Chlorine Is Used Up, More Is Released To Restore The Equilibrium. This Equilibrium Gives Improved Efficiency And Safety In Use When Compared To Other Chlorine Agents Such As Household Bleach.
Purifying water with Aquatabs is faster, easier and generally less expensive when compared with boiling, filtering or treating with other water purification products. Choose from the most popular 49 mg Aquatabs tablet which treats 1-2 L (1-2 quarts) or the larger 167 mg tablet which treats 20-25 L (5-6 gallons). Click here for Aquatabs technical specifications or visit our web store to purchase online. Please use as directed.
Aquatabs water purification tablets are available in both retail format as well as bulk packaged emergency format for use in disaster response, humanitarian aid and emergency preparedness. Chlorine Water Treatment.
For more information about Aquatabs please contact Global Hydration Water Treatment Systems Inc.