Aquatabs are effective against Travelers’ Diarrhea, giardia, fecal coliforms, cholera, typhoid, dysentery, and many other waterborne diseases including Hepatitis A & E and Salmonella. An internationally recognized brand of water purification tablet, Aquatabs has been tried and tested in a wide range of water sources. This unique tablet is Iodine free, safe for everyone, and conveniently packaged in secure foil packaging.
- Waterborne disease is easily transmitted when contaminated water is used for any of the following purposes: drinking, ice cubes, washing uncooked fruits and vegetables, making baby formula, brushing teeth and washing dentures, or contact lenses.
- Don’t trust bottled water while traveling abroad. Reports of hotel staff and street vendors refilling name brand water bottles with unsafe tap water have come out of several countries. Treat all suspect bottled water with Aquatabs.
- Ask for drinks without ice unless made from safe water.
- Prevention is easier than treatment. Aquatabs produces no unpleasant taste or colour and is safe and simple to use. When in doubt, treat all suspect water with Aquatabs Water Purification Tablets.
- In many places, fruits, vegetables, and produce may be contaminated. Wash thoroughly before use and never wash with suspect water.
- Practice good hygiene such as frequent hand washing and disinfection of cutlery, cutting boards, etc. Wash hands thoroughly and frequently with hot soapy water or a suitable alcohol-based product.
- If you are faced with a BOIL WATER ADVISORY, take the advice seriously and treat all water to be used for drinking, brushing teeth, coffee, and tea, etc. with Aquatabs.
- Even water purified through boiling can easily be recontaminated by dirty bottles or the environment. Protect it during storage and/or transportation by treating with Aquatabs.
- Do not assume water from a stream, river, lake, pond or shallow well is safe. Even wells can become contaminated as referenced by the community of Walkerton, ON.
- Not all filters are capable of removing bacteria and cysts and none are capable of removing viruses such as Hepatitis A and E. Check manufacturer’s claims carefully. Filtration to as small as 0.2 micron is not sufficient enough to remove viruses. When in doubt, always treat with Aquatabs after filtration.
- A good rule of thumb - Disinfect it, cook it, peel it, or forget it.
- For more information please visit http://www.aquatabs.ca
Travelers' diarrhea (TD) is the most common illness affecting travelers. Each year between 20%-50% of international travelers, an estimated 10 million persons, develop diarrhea. Typically, a traveler experiences four to five loose or watery bowel movements each day. Other commonly associated symptoms are nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal cramping, bloating, fever, urgency, and malaise. The natural history of TD is that 90% of cases resolve within 1 week, and 98% resolve within 1 month. Tap water and ice are associated with increased risk for TD. Safe beverages include bottled carbonated beverages, hot tea or coffee, and water boiled or appropriately treated with iodine or chlorine.
Aquatabs For International Travel:
- Aquatabs are effective against Travelers’ Diarrhea, giardia, fecal coliforms, cholera, typhoid, dysentery, and many other waterborne diseases including Hepatitis A & E and Salmonella.
- An internationally recognized brand of water purification tablet, Aquatabs has been tried and tested in a wide range of water sources.
- Aquatabs are Iodine free and safe for everyone to use over an extended period of time.
- Water purification tablets are conveniently individually packaged in secure tamper-proof foil packaging. Compact, lightweight, and perfect for international travel.
- Aquatabs are fast-acting. Safe drinking water is ready in 30 minutes.